Tuesday, March 25, 2008

The Odd Couple...

I really want to help my husband find another wife. I know that sounds crazy. But I'm serious. And before everyone jumps all over me, let me explain why. My HB is a great guy. Strong yet sensitive. Attentive and intelligent. Allah really blessed us to have a wonderful marriage, beautiful kids and many, many historical (and most of the time hysterical) experiences together. I don't doubt that he loves me and the kids (we have 6). He loves and fears Allah and provides for us nicely. But he wants another wife. Always has.

So I approached a few sisters. Ones that I thought were strong in their Islam. Sisters that I felt were suited to our family, who would want to remain sisters after the marriage and could see us all as one big happy family.

It hasn't worked out yet.

There was some jealousy there during the sit downs. But he would always do something nice for me like take me to my favorite restaurant (without the kids which was a treat)and by me a gift and we would talk about how it went over coffee and dessert. He says he doesn't want to do it if it isn't right for us both and he doesn't want to remarry only to be divorced again shortly after due to drama. And he says he definitely doesn't want to lose me in the process. The objective is to add on to our tribe, not destroy what we've worked so hard to build. And I agree.

But it hasn't happened yet. Part of me is kinda glad and another part can't wait for it to be done and over with... and I'm not asking anyone anymore, just waiting to see what happens next.

No comments: